Wednesday, August 6, 2014

It takes time

Okay, so maybe I didn't hit the reset button as fast as I wanted.  Things sound great in my head and then when I go to do them, I get scared.  I am scared of a new beginning, scared of making mistakes, and most importantly scared of change.  I don't know if anyone else gets like this.  I guess you could say that in the flight-fight response I do neither.  I choose to stand still and hope nothing gets me.

Well I have made a few changes though.  I am trying not to spend as much time at work and trying to model a more well rounded approach to life.  This hasn't been as easy because my work makes me who I am.  I am slowly realizing that this is not the case.  I don't know why it is so easy to get lost in work.  But for me it is.  I have been home this entire summer though without working and I have been loving it.  I wish I could stay home a little longer.  This is the exact opposite of what usually happens.  I usually get so worked up over the summer and feel as if I have to have my work.  I don't know if it is my attitude or if I am just enjoying the little things or rather my little things.

I have really enjoyed watching them and being a part of their world and not having to feel as if I am just governing it.  It has been really fun to see.  I have been going with their schedules instead of mine and really enjoying the pace.  A friend of mine once said that once you have children you lose a piece of yourself.  I think this is so true.  I do not have anytime to myself.  In order to have time to myself, I have to wake up at 4 AM!!  So you know what I do.  I set the alarm and then cancel it!  I think I will have some ME time, but it will just have to be later.  Although this is kind of my 5 minutes of alone time.  That's enough right. 

Anyways, I am not sure where this is going to take me, but I know I need to be less scared and jump in with both feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment